Microsoft KB Archive/929487
Article ID: 929487
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune software
You experience the following symptoms:
- The Zune software does not detect the Zune device.
- In Device Manager, the Zune device appears under Other devices as a USB Device but a yellow exclamation mark appears next to USB Device.
This behavior occurs when one of the following conditions is true:
- The computer does not detect the Zune device.
- The incorrect drivers are installed for the Zune device.
- Non-standard drivers are installed for the USB Controller on the computer.
THINGS TO TRY
Try one of more of the following steps in the order listed:
- Update to the current version of the Zune software. To obtain version 1.2 or a later version, download and install the Zune Setup package from the following Zune Web site:
- Manually install the driver. To manually install the driver for the Zune device, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
- Under Other devices, locate USB device.
- Right-click USB Device, and then click Properties.
- Click the Driver tab.
- Click Update Driver.
- Click Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), and then click Next.
- Click Don’t search. I will choose the driver to install, and then click Next.
- From the list of Common hardware types, select Portable Devices, and then click Next.
- For Manufacturer, select Microsoft and for Model, select Zune.
- Click Next.
- After the driver installation is complete, click Finish.
For more information about how to troubleshoot device connectivity issues, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
927876 The Zune software does not detect your Zune device
Keywords: kbzunesoftware kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB929487