Microsoft KB Archive/929458
Article ID: 929458
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Starter
When you search for updates in Windows Vista, you receive the following error message:
This issue occurs if the date and time that are on the computer vary too greatly from the valid date and time. The valid date and time are on the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate that the Windows Update Web site uses. In this scenario, the Windows Update scan operation is unable to scan the computer for updates successfully.
To resolve this issue, verify the date and time in Windows Vista. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type Date and Time in the Start Search box, and then click Date and Time in the Programs list.
- In the Date and Time dialog box, click Change date and time.
- In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, configure the correct date and time, and then click OK two times.
Keywords: kberrmsg kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbprb KB929458