Microsoft KB Archive/929362
Article ID: 929362
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, when used with:
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Starter
When you start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with a cached mode profile, and you try to send an e-mail message by using Simple MAPI, you receive the following error message:
When you start Outlook 2007 with an online mode, POP3, or IMAP profile, and you try to send an e-mail message by using simple MAPI, you receive one of the following error messages:
Note The error message can vary depending on the program that you try to use to send the message.
Additionally, if you try to send a file from your desktop by using simple MAPI, the new message form may not appear, and you do not receive an error message.
This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You run Outlook 2007 as administrator by right-clicking Outlook.exe and then clicking Run as administrator.
- The program that you tried to use to send the file is not running as administrator.
In this scenario, Outlook 2007 denies access to a program that is not running as administrator.
To work around this issue, close Outlook 2007 before you try to send the file. When Outlook 2007 restarts, it can run as the same user as the sending program. Alternatively, run the sending program as administrator when Outlook 2007 is running as administrator.
Additional query words: elevated
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB929362