Microsoft KB Archive/929361
Article ID: 929361
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
After you install Windows Desktop Search (WDS) on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, WDS does not work as expected in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. When you try to search for data in Outlook 2007, you may experience the following symptoms:
- The Instant Search feature in Outlook 2007 returns incomplete results or no results.
- When you view the search options in Outlook 2007, the data files are not selected.
Note To view the search options, click Tools, click Options, and then click Search Options on the Preferences tab.
- The Indexing Options control panel item shows that indexing is not running.
- The notification area icon for WDS shows that indexing is idle, and Index Now does not work.
- When you press CTRL+ALT+DEL to view the Processes tab in Task Manager, the following processes are not running:
These issues occur if the Terminal Services service is stopped on the computer when WDS is installed.
To resolve these issues, start the Terminal Services service, and then reinstall WDS.
To start the Terminal Services service, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- Right-click Terminal Services, and then click Start.
When you try to install WDS, you receive the following error message if the Terminal Services service is disabled:
For more information about WDS, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
917013 Windows Desktop Search 3.0 is available
Additional query words: outlook2007 outlook2k7 outlook12 ol2007 ol2k7 ol12
Keywords: kberrmsg kbservice kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbprb KB929361