Microsoft KB Archive/929356
Article ID: 929356
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
You accept a French spelling reform-related suggestion in the “New Spelling” setting in any of the 2007 Microsoft Office programs that are listed in the "Applies to" section. Then, you change the reform mode setting to “Traditional Spelling.”
Alternatively, you accept a French spelling reform-related suggestion in the “Traditional Spelling” setting, and then you change the reform mode setting to “New Spelling.”
After you do this, the Office spelling checker may incorrectly flag both the traditional and new spellings of words at the same time when these words use initial capitalization.
This problem may occur if the following conditions are true:
- The spelling language is set to French.
- The reform settings are changed from "New Spelling" to "Traditional Spelling" or from “Traditional Spelling” to “New Spelling” in an instance of a document.
To resolve this problem, exit all instances of the program, and then restart the program. Make sure that you save your documents as appropriate before you exit the program.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available.
Additional query words: WD2007 PPT2007 XL2007 OL2007 ACC2007 dictionary
Keywords: kbtshoot kbintl kbprb kbproof kbexpertisebeginner KB929356