Microsoft KB Archive/929200
Article ID: 929200
Article Last Modified on 2/7/2007
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
After you install Windows Internet Explorer 7 on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2, a Restore My Active Desktop button appears on the desktop. However, when you click this button, nothing happens.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- In the right pane, right-click DeskHtmlVersion, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Log off from Windows, and then log on. The Restore My Active Desktop button has been removed.
Additional query words: link upgrade
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB929200