Microsoft KB Archive/929094
Article ID: 929094
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune software
After you use the Zune software to erase the contents of your Zune device, the device restarts and you receive the following error message:
After the error message is received, the device may restart, and you may receive the error message again. This cycle of the device restarting and generating the error message repeats continuously.
This problem occurs if the Zune hard drive is not formatted correctly.
THINGS TO TRY
- Disconnect the Zune device from the Zune Sync Cable.
- Set the Hold switch to Unlocked.
- Press and hold the Back button at the same time as you press the top of the Control Pad.
- Immediately press and hold the Back button at the same time as you press the right side of the Control Pad and the OK button in the center of the Control Pad. Continue to hold these buttons until your Zune device restarts and you receive the following message:
- When the Home screen appears, the erase process is complete. You can now use the Zune device.
For more information about erasing the content from your Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
926917 How to erase all content from your Zune device
After you install the version 1.2 or later version firmware, the device should no longer restart continuously.
For more information about how to update the firmware on a Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
926770 How to update the firmware for your Zune device
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB929094