Microsoft KB Archive/928973
Article ID: 928973
Article Last Modified on 10/29/2007
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
A portable computer does not shut down as expected when the battery power is low. Instead, the computer performs a critical shutdown when the battery power is exhausted. This is the case if the following conditions are true:
- You configure the Power settings to shut down the computer when the battery power is critically low.
- You watch live TV in Windows Media Center when the computer is running on battery power.
- The battery power is drained to a critically low condition.
Additionally, you may receive the following error message:
However, you expect to receive a message that the system is shutting down because the battery power is low.
This problem can occur with some TV tuners that prevent the system from entering standby when you run live TV.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: laptop
Keywords: kbbug kbnofix kbqfe kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB928973