Microsoft KB Archive/928756
Article ID: 928756
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
When you try use Microsoft Office Excel Web Access to open a large Excel worksheet that resides on a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 server, Excel Web Access stops responding. This issue occurs if the SharePoint Server 2007 server is running Excel Calculation Services.
This issue occurs when the Request execution timeout (in seconds) value is set too low on the SharePoint Server 2007 server Web site in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
To resolve this issue, you must increase the Request execution timeout (in seconds) value for the SharePoint Server 2007 Web site. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, expand the server that is running IIS and that hosts the SharePoint Server 2007 Web site. Then, expand Web Sites.
- Right-click the Web site that hosts the Excel Services Web front end server, and then click Properties.
- On the Web site properties page, click the ASP.NET tab, and then click Edit Global Configuration.
- In the ASP.NET Configuration Settings dialog box, click the Application tab.
- In the Request execution timeout (in seconds) box, enter the number of seconds that you want to allow for before the connection is timed out, and then click OK two times.
Additional query words: XL2007 Excel2007 MOSS2007 XLServices ExcelServices ECS EWR EWA
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB928756