Microsoft KB Archive/928755
Article ID: 928755
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
You configure Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Excel Services to query a Microsoft Jet database. When you try to use Excel Web Access to open a Microsoft Office Excel workbook (.xml) file that queries the Jet database, the workbook opens. However, the data in the workbook is not displayed.
This issue occurs if the user account that is used to query the Jet database does not have the correct permissions to access the folder that contains the Jet database (.mdb) file.
The .mdb file should be located in a folder to which users have the following permissions:
All users who access the database must have read, write, and create permissions to the folder. However, you can assign read-only permissions to the .mdb file for individual users while still granting full permissions to the folder.
To work around this issue, perform the following actions:
- Add Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 as an OLE-DB-type data provider in the trusted data providers list in Excel Services Settings.
- Depending on the Excel server authentication settings that are defined in the Excel Data Connection settings, grant the required permissions to the account that Excel Services uses to create the connection to the folder that contains the Jet database file. For example, if you use the Windows Authentication setting, you must use the domain user account that you want to access the workbook on the server.
How to add a trusted data provider
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
- On the Central Administration page, click Application Management.
- On the Application Management page, click Create or Configure this Farm’s Shared Services under Office SharePoint Server 2007 Shared Services.
- On the Manage This Farm's Shared Services page, click SharedServices1 (Default).
- On the Shared Services home page, click Trusted data providers under Excel Services Settings.
- On the Excel Services Trusted Data Providers page, click Add Trusted Data Provider.
- In the Provider ID section, type Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0.
- Under Provider Type, click OLE DB, and then click OK.
How to grant the required permissions
- In Windows Explorer, locate the folder that contains folder in which the .mdb file resides.
- Right-click the folder, and then click Properties.
- In the Folder Properties dialog box, click the Security tab.
- Make sure that the user account that you want to use has the following permissions:
- Click OK to save the changes.
For more information about Microsoft Access database (.mdb) files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
299373 Introduction to .ldb files
Additional query words: XL2007 Excel2007 MOSS2007 XLServices ExcelServices ECS EWR
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB928755