Microsoft KB Archive/928746
Article ID: 928746
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
When you try to open a Microsoft Office Excel workbook in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
This error occurs when the Shared Service Provider is configured to use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate.
This behavior occurs if the computer name does not match the name that is specified as the common name in the SSL certificate. For example, this behavior occurs if the computer name is a NetBIOS name and the SSL certificate uses a fully qualified domain name (FQDN).
To resolve this behavior, verify that the following conditions are true:
- The computer name and the name that is specified as the common name in the SSL certificate are both NetBIOS names or both FQDN names.
- The SSL certificate has not expired.
- The Web server trusts the certificate or the certificate issuer.
- The certificate is not corrupted.
- No one has tampered with the certificate.
- The Web browser on the client computer recognizes the format of the certificate.
- The Web browser on the client computer can read the certificate.
- The SSL certificate has not been revoked.
For more information about certificate errors, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
This behavior is by design.
Additional query words: MOSS2007 SPS
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbweb kbtshoot kberrmsg kbprb KB928746