Microsoft KB Archive/928744
Article ID: 928744
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
Consider the following scenario. You use Microsoft Office Excel Web Access to view a Microsoft Excel 2007 workbook in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. The workbook contains data from an external data source. And, the workbook uses Microsoft Single Sign-on authentication. In this scenario, when you try to update the data from the external data source, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
This issue occurs if the account that is used for anonymous access in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is not a valid domain account.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type inetmgr, and then click OK.
- Expand the computer that you want, expand Web Sites, and then expand Office Server Web Services.
- Right-click the application pool that you want, and then click Properties.
- On the Directory Security tab, click Edit in the Authentication and access control area.
- Click to select the Enable anonymous access check box.
- In the User name box, type a valid domain account.
- In the Password box, type the password for the account that you entered in step 6.
- Click OK two times.
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbquery kbtshoot kberrmsg kbprb KB928744