Microsoft KB Archive/928728
Article ID: 928728
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
You use Excel Web Access to view a Microsoft Office Excel 2007 workbook. When you refresh the data connections for the workbook, you receive the following error message:
This behavior occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The Excel Services Authentication settings for the workbook are set to either Single sign-on (SSO) or None.
- You use Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to restore the SharePoint Server 2007 Shared Service Provider (SSP) and Search databases.
Note This regenerates the encryption key for the Unattended Service Account credentials.
To work around this behavior, reenter the Unattended Service Account information after you restore the SSP and Search databases. To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit http://
Note In this URL,
host_name:port_number is the name and port of the Shared Service Provider Web server in the SharePoint Server 2007 deployment.
- In the Excel Services Settings section, click Edit Excel Services Settings.
- In the External Data section, type a valid account name in the Name box, type the password for the account in the Password box, and then retype the password in the Retype Password box.
- Click OK.
This behavior is by design.
For more information about data connections for Excel Services, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: XL2007 Excel2007 MOSS2007 XLServices ExcelServices ECS EWR
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbexpertiseinter kbpermissions kberrmsg kbtshoot kbprb KB928728