Microsoft KB Archive/928681
Article ID: 928681
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune software
After you sync content from the Zune software to your Zune device, the album art that appeared in the Zune software does not appear on your device.
Note If the album art does not appear in the Zune software, you may be experiencing a different issue. For more information about other issues that you may experience with album art, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
927717 The Zune software cannot download album art
This behavior occurs when the album art did not transfer to the device.
THINGS TO TRY
- Update the firmware on the Zune device to the latest version. For more information about how to update the firmware on a Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
926770 How to update the firmware for your Zune device
- Update to the current version of the Zune software. To do this, click Options, point to Help, and then click Check for Updates. Follow the steps on the screen to update your software.
- Check for duplicates of the same album in the Zune library. If you have a copy of the album, the album art will not sync to both copies on the Zune device. You can remove a copy of the album by following the steps that are contained later in this article.
- Again sync the album from the Zune software to your Zune device. To do this, follow these steps:
- Connect the Zune device to the computer by using the Zune Sync Cable.
- Start the Zune software.
- In the left Navigation Pane, click Album under the name of your device.
- Locate the album for which the album art is missing.
- Right-click the album, and then click Delete. You receive the following message: Note If multiple albums are missing art, press and hold CTRL while you click to select the multiple albums. Then right-click one of the albums, and then click Delete. If all albums are missing art, click to select one album, and then press CTRL+A to select all the albums. Right-click one of the albums, and then click Delete.
- Click OK.
- In the left Navigation Pane, click Album under Library.
- Locate the album that you just removed from the device.
- Right-click the album, and then click Add to Sync list.
- In the list pane on the right side, click Start Sync.
- When the sync is complete, disconnect the Zune device.
- Restore the Windows Digital Rights Management (DRM) system on the computer. For more information about how to rebuild the DRM system, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929642 You receive error code 87, 10065, 10113, or 10114 if you try to sign in to the Zune Marketplace or you try to play content from the Zune Marketplace
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB928681