Microsoft KB Archive/928680
Article ID: 928680
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune software
You cannot view synchronized content on a Zune device that was turned off or reset during the synchronization process. The new content occupies space on the device, but you cannot access the content.
This behavior occurs if the Zune device is turned off or is reset before the sync process is finished. If the sync process does not finish completely, the process does not register the new files to the device.
THINGS TO TRY
- Erase all content from your Zune device.
Note When you erase all content from the device, you remove all music, videos, and pictures from the device.
To erase all content from your Zune device, follow these steps:
- Start the Zune software on the computer.
- Connect your Zune device by using the Zune sync cable.
- Wait until the device finishes synchronizing, or stop the synchronization. To stop the synchronization, click Options, point to Sync, point to
your device name, and then click Stop Sync.
- On the Options menu, point to Sync, point to your device name, and then click Erase Zune Device. You receive the following message:
- Click OK.
Note It can take several minutes to erase the content. Do not move or disconnect your device before the operation is finished.
You receive the following message:
- Click OK.
- To restore content to your Zune device, resynchronize your library in the Zune software together with the device.
For more information about how to erase content from a Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
926917 How to erase all content from your Zune device
Keywords: kbzunesoftware kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB928680