Microsoft KB Archive/928589
Article ID: 928589
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
If you turn off or restart the computer when your Zune device is connected to the computer by using a Zune Sync cable, the device pauses on the Connected screen and does not respond.
This behavior occurs when the Zune device is connected to a low-power USB hub.
THINGS TO TRY
- Reset the Zune device, and then reconnect the device. To do this, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the Zune Sync cable from the Zune device.
- Set the Hold switch to the unlocked position, and then press and hold the Back button as you press the top of the Control Pad. The Zune device restarts.
- After the Zune device restarts, connect one end of the Zune Sync cable to the Zune device, and then connect the other end of the Zune Sync cable directly to a high-power USB port on the computer.
Note Typically, high-power USB ports are located on the back of a computer.
- To prevent this behavior in the future, disconnect your Zune device before you turn off or restart the computer if you have the device connected to a low-power USB hub. If you have the device connected directly to a high-power USB port on the computer, you can leave the device connected to the computer.
For more information about how to troubleshoot connection problems with your Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
927876 The Zune software does not detect your Zune device
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB928589