Microsoft KB Archive/928466
Article ID: 928466
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
When you press one of the following keyboard shortcuts in a 2007 Microsoft Office program, the keyboard shortcut may work differently from what you expect:
For example, the following table describes the old behavior and the new behavior that occurs every time that you press these keyboard shortcuts.
|Keyboard shortcut||Old behavior in the earlier versions of the Office programs||New behavior in the 2007 Office programs|
|CTRL+TAB||If the focus is on a command bar or on a task pane, CTRL+TAB moves the focus between the command bars and the task pane.||If the focus is on a task pane, on a status bar, or on the Ribbon, CTRL+TAB moves the focus between the Ribbon, the status bar, and the task panes.|
|F6||If the focus is on a command bar, F6 has no effect.
||Moves the focus between the document, the Ribbon, the status bar, and any open task panes.|
|ALT||Moves the focus between the first command bar and the document. The first command bar is typically the menu bar.||Moves the focus between the Ribbon, the Quick Access Toolbar, and the document.|
To move the focus to the location that you want in the 2007 Office programs, perform one or more of the following actions:
- To work with the tabs and buttons on the Ribbon and on the Quick Access Toolbar, press ALT. When you press ALT, the focus moves to the Ribbon and to the Quick Access Toolbar. Each tab or button on the Ribbon or on the Quick Access Toolbar has a corresponding keyboard shortcut that is assigned to that tab or button. To move the focus to the appropriate tab or to the appropriate button, press the indicated keyboard shortcut.
Note You cannot press CTRL+TAB as expected to move the focus to the tab or to the button that you want.
- To work with the Ribbon, with an open task pane, with the status bar, or with the document, press F6 to move the focus to the appropriate area.
- To work with the Ribbon, with the status bar, or with an open task pane if the focus is not in the document, press CTRL+TAB to move the focus to the Ribbon, to the status bar, or to an open task pane as needed.
For more information about the keyboard shortcuts in the 2007 Office programs, click Microsoft Office
program Help or press F1. Then, type keyboard shortcuts in the Search box, and then click Search to view the topics that are returned.
Additional query words: excel2007 excel2k7 excel12 xl2007 xl2k7 xl12 powerpoint2007 powerpoint2k7 powerpoint12 ppt2007 ppt2k7 ppt12 word2007 word2k7 word12 wd2007 wd2k7 wd12
Keywords: kbtshoot kbkeyaccel kbprb kbexpertisebeginner KB928466