Microsoft KB Archive/928431
Article ID: 928431
Article Last Modified on 7/12/2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit Edition
- Windows Vista Starter
In Windows Vista, when you try to send a picture by using e-mail, the Photo E-mail wizard does not send the picture. Instead, the wizard closes.
This problem occurs when you use one of the following methods:
- You right-click a picture, click Send To, and then click Mail recipient.
- You select a picture in Windows Photo Gallery, and then click E-mail in the taskbar.
This problem occurs because no e-mail program is set as the default e-mail program.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Classic View, and then double-click Default Programs.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program, select MAILTO in the Protocols list, and then click Change program.
- Select the e-mail program that you want to set as the default program, and then click OK.
The default e-mail program in Windows Vista is Windows Mail. When another e-mail program is installed, it may become the default e-mail program. However, when you uninstall this e-mail program, no other e-mail program may automatically be set as the default program.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kb3rdparty kbemail kbphotos kbexpertisebeginner kbconfiguration kbproductconfiguration KB928431