Microsoft KB Archive/928426
Article ID: 928426
Article Last Modified on 1/4/2007
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows Server 2003 IA64
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows Server 2003
- Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP
When Windows Internet Explorer 7 includes an add-on, Internet Explorer may exit immediately.
This problem may occur if an add-on conflicts with Internet Explorer.
To resolve this issue, start Internet Explorer with add-ons disabled. To do this, click Start, click Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
If you start Internet Explorer with add-ons disabled, you may find that this resolves the issue. Then, you can locate and disable the add-on that conflicts with Internet Explorer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, point to Manage Add-ons, and then click Enable or Disable Add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons dialog box, click an add-on.
- Under Settings, click Enable, and then click OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
If the problem occurs, the add-on that you recently enabled conflicts with Internet Explorer.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 until you locate the add-on that conflicts with Internet Explorer. Then, disable the add-on.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner KB928426