Microsoft KB Archive/928355
Article ID: 928355
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition
After you format and then eject a recordable DVD-R Dual Layer disc in Windows Vista, you cannot record more data to the disc.
This issue occurs because Windows automatically closes the disc when you eject it. Closing a disc lets you use it in another computer or device.
To work around this issue, configure Windows Vista not to automatically close discs. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Computer.
- Right-click the icon that represents the writeable drive, and then click Properties.
- Click the Recording tab, and then click Global Settings.
- Click to clear the Automatically close the current UDF session when the disc is ejected check box.
When you close a disc after you burn files to it, you can play it in another computer or device. However, you can no longer add files to the disc. For more information, visit the following Microsoft Web page:
If you experience this issue when you use a rewriteable disc such as a DVD-RW disc or a CD-RW disc, you can erase the disc and then reuse it. For more information about how to erase a CD or a DVD in Windows Vista, visit the following Microsoft Web page:
Additional query words: finalize finalizing
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB928355