Microsoft KB Archive/928306
Article ID: 928306
Article Last Modified on 1/12/2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
When you use Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007 to save a project on a server that is running Microsoft Office Project Server 2007, the save process may take a while to finish successfully.
Additionally, when you close the Project file and then try to reopen it, the file cannot be opened.
This issue occurs when you save a large Project file that contains lots of custom data. In this case, the Project file is not available until it is saved successfully on the Project Server 2007 server.
You can view the Office Project file status when you view the Job Completion Status information on the Project Server 2007 server. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Microsoft Office Project Web Access home page, click Server Settings.
- On the Server Settings page, click Manage Queue under Queue.
- On the Manage Queue Jobs page, expand Job Completion States, select Success on the Available Job States list, and then click Add.
- Click Refresh Status to update the Jobs Grid.
- When the Project file is successfully saved on the Project Server 2007 server, an entry that resembles the following entry appears in the Jobs Grid:
Project Save from Project Professional Success 100%
Additional query words: PRJ2007 Project2007
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB928306