Microsoft KB Archive/928250
Article ID: 928250
Article Last Modified on 6/25/2007
- Zune software
When you try to install the Zune software on a Windows Vista-based computer, the installation stops. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
This behavior may occur when you try to install the Zune software on a computer that is running a prerelease version or a beta version of Windows Vista. You cannot install the Zune software on a computer that is running a prerelease version of Windows Vista.
If you are running a release version of Windows Vista and you receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, see the "What To Try" section.
THINGS TO TRY
- Visit the Windows Update Web site. Download the full installation file for the Zune software. To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- If you are prompted, click to select the I accept the Terms check box, and then click Install to install the Microsoft Update software.
- Click Check for updates to view any available updates.
- Select the Zune software, and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen to install the Zune software.
If the installation fails when you use the method that is mentioned in the "What To Try" section, try to disable the UAC. To do this, repeat the steps that are listed in the "What To Try" section, and then re-enable the UAC. For instructions and policies about how to use the UAC, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
922708 How to use User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista
Keywords: kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB928250