Microsoft KB Archive/928210
Article ID: 928210
Article Last Modified on 11/16/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune software
When you browse for music on your Zune device, boxes (□) or other characters appear instead of letters in the name of a song, an artist, or an album.
This behavior occurs when the name of the media contains characters that are not part of the font that is installed on the Zune device. You cannot install additional fonts on the Zune device.
THINGS TO TRY
Zune regularly releases updates to address specific problems. If Zune releases an update to resolve this problem, this article will be updated with additional information.
In the meantime, follow these steps to better identify the songs:
- Open the Zune software.
- Click collection, and then click music.
- Locate the artist, the album name, or the song name that contains special characters.
- Right-click the entry, and then click edit.
- Modify the entry so that it contains standard U.S. characters to help you identify it.
- Connect your Zune device by using the Zune sync cable, and then resync the song or the album to the Zune device.
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB928210