Microsoft KB Archive/928196
Article ID: 928196
Article Last Modified on 2/9/2007
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004
- Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002
When a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer tries to enter standby, the Welcome screen appears, and the computer does not enter standby.
This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The computer has multiple user accounts.
- The screen saver is active and is a three-dimensional (3-D) screen saver.
- The Prompt for password when computer resumes from standby check box is selected in the power options on the Screen Saver tab.
To work around this issue, use a screen saver that is not a 3-D screen saver, and select the currently logged-on user account on the Welcome screen.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
810607 Welcome screen appears after your computer has been idle
Keywords: kbbug kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner KB928196