Microsoft KB Archive/928178
Article ID: 928178
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune software
When you use a consumer-grade broadband connection together with the Microsoft Windows XP operating system, you may encounter delays in initiating downloads from the Zune Marketplace.
Approximately 2 seconds after you select a song for download from the Zune Marketplace, you may experience unresponsive performance for approximately 40 seconds. After that time, the Zune software starts downloading the song.
Multiple-track selections for download lead to multiple delays in starting the download of each track.
THINGS TO TRY
To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
- Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options
- On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
- Click to clear the Automatically detect settings check box.
- Click to clear the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
- Click OK two times.
Keywords: kbzunesoftware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB928178