Microsoft KB Archive/928151
Article ID: 928151
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007
- Microsoft Office OneNote 2007
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
- Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
- Microsoft Office Word 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007
- Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Ultimate
You try to open a 2007 Microsoft Office document that is on a shared folder, or you try to save a 2007 Office document to a shared folder. When you do this, you are prompted two times to type your username and your password to access the shared folder.
This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The shared folder is on an international domain name (IDN) server.
- The 2007 Office suite or program is installed on a computer that runs Windows Vista.
The 2007 Office programs use the common file dialog interface that is provided by Microsoft Windows. Windows Vista uses two separate network stacks for network transactions. These network stacks do not share credentials with one another. Each network stack prompts you for network credentials when you try to open or to share a file over the network.
To work around this issue, click to select the Remember my password check box when you type your username and your password for the first time.
Additional query words: OFF2007 Office2007 Office 2007 acc2007 xl2007 infopath2007 onenote2007 ol2007 ppt2007 prj2007 pub2007 spd2007 vso2007 wd2007
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbpubtypekc kbopenfile kbsavefile kbpasswords kbexpertisebeginner KB928151