Microsoft KB Archive/928147
Article ID: 928147
Article Last Modified on 12/1/2006
- Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Word 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Publisher 2002 Standard Edition
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
When you click Mail Recipient in a Microsoft Office XP application, you receive the following error message:
Note This issue does not occur when you click Mail Recipient (as Attachment) or Mail Recipient (for Review).
Note This issue occurs in Microsoft Office Word 2002, Microsoft Office Excel 2002, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2002, and Microsoft Office Publisher 2002.
This issue occurs if a version of Microsoft Office 2003 was previously installed on the computer.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel to remove Office 2003.
- Repair or reinstall Office XP.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
If the previous steps do not resolve the issue, do the following:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- In the right pane, double-click the Default registry entry.
- In the Value data field, replace Office11 with Office10, and then click OK. For example, replace C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\msoutl.olb with C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE10\msoutl.olb.
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kberrmsg kbtshoot kbprb KB928147