Microsoft KB Archive/928145
Article ID: 928145
Article Last Modified on 9/20/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
When you are using your Zune device, you receive the following error message:
You receive this error message if one or both of the following conditions are true:
- As the Zune device starts, the device does not correctly read information from the hard drive.
- One or more files on the data partition of the hard drive device contains errors.
THINGS TO TRY
- If you experience this behavior as the device starts, press the OK button in the center of the Control Pad to restart the device. You should not lose any content.
- If you experience this behavior during typical use of the Zune device, you may lose the content on your Zune device. If you experience this problem, you will have to resync your device with your Zune library. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the OK button to restart the device and delete the content from the device.
- After the device restarts, start the Zune software, and then connect the Zune device to a USB port on your computer by using the Zune Sync cable.
- Use the Zune software to sync your Zune device with the library in the Zune software. This step will restore the content on the device.
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB928145