Microsoft KB Archive/927968
Article ID: 927968
Article Last Modified on 3/22/2007
- ProClarity Analytics Server 6.0
- ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.0
- ProClarity Web Professional 6.0
When you open a briefing book in ProClarity Web Professional, you may receive the following error message:
Additionally, you receive the following error message after you click OK:
This issue may occur when you try to open the briefing book outside the firewall of the computer that is running ProClarity Analytics Server (PAS).
This issue occurs because you cannot access the Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services service. For example, this issue occurs when the following conditions are true:
- PAS and Analysis Services are running on different computers.
- The Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) instance that hosts the PAS virtual directory is set to use Integrated Windows authentication mode only.
- The firewall on the computer that is running PAS denies the port that the Analysis Services service uses. For Microsoft SQL Server 2000, the port is 2725. For Microsoft SQL Server 2005, the port is 2383.
To resolve this issue, make sure that the port that the Analysis Services service uses is open in both the computer that is running PAS and the computer that is running Analysis Services.
Additionally, if you try to use HTTP to connect to an instance of SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services, you must make sure that the briefing book was published by using the HTTP address of the instance of Analysis Services.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB927968