Microsoft KB Archive/927931
Article ID: 927931
Article Last Modified on 12/6/2006
- ProClarity Dashboard Server 6.1
- ProClarity Dashboard Server 6.2
Consider the following scenario. You upgrade from ProClarity Dashboard Server 6.1 to ProClarity Dashboard Server 6.2. You try to configure the dashboard after the installation is complete. In this scenario, you receive the following error message when you try to open the configuration page:
This problem occurs because the registry entries that are added by ProClarity Dashboard Server 6.1 are not deleted.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, press CTRL+F to open the Find dialog box.
- In the Find dialog box, type dashboard in the Find what box, and then click Find Next.
- If a search result is returned, verify that the registry entry is related to ProClarity Dashboard Server. If the registry entry is related to ProClarity Dashboard Server, delete the registry entry.
- Repeat step 2 through step 4 until you cannot find any registry entries that are related to ProClarity Dashboard Server.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Reinstall ProClarity Dashboard Server 6.2.
- After the installation is complete, configure the dashboard.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Keywords: kbtshoot kberrmsg kbprb kbexpertiseadvanced KB927931