Microsoft KB Archive/927930
Article ID: 927930
Article Last Modified on 2/7/2007
- ProClarity Dashboard Server
When you log on to the ProClarity Dashboard Server 6.2 Web site, you receive the following error message:
You receive this error message even though your account is an authorized user account in ProClarity Dashboard Server. This issue occurs when the ProClarity Dashboard Server virtual directory uses Integrated Windows authentication.
This issue occurs because the authentication mechanism detects a provider name that differs from the provider name that is supplied in the Dashboard Studio settings.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Obtain the following file. The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the support files package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
- Extract the following files to a new folder in the C:\InetPub\wwwroot folder:
- On the server that hosts the ProClarity Dashboard Server virtual directory, create a new virtual directory in Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Give the virtual directory a meaningful alias name, and direct the virtual directory to the new folder that you created in step 2.
- Give the virtual directory the permission to run scripts.
- In Windows Internet Explorer, visit the UserInfo.aspx page on the virtual directory.
- Note the logon name and the user's Security Identifier (SID) that are on the UserInfo.aspx page.
Note The logon name is based on the IIS authentication method. The logon name may resemble the following example:
- Start Dashboard Studio.
- On the Tools menu, click Security Providers.
- Compare the provider name to the domain name that is in the logon name that you noted in step 7.
- If the provider name and the domain name are different, click the provider name, click Edit, change the provider name to match the domain name, and then click OK.
After you follow these steps, you can log on to the ProClarity Dashboard Server 6.2 Web site by using Integrated Windows authentication.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb KB927930