Microsoft KB Archive/927831
Article ID: 927831
Article Last Modified on 3/15/2007
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Basic 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit edition
- Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
Consider the following scenario:
- You use the Windows Vista Get Connected Wizard to connect a Windows Vista-based computer to a destination network.
- The user name and password that is configured in the network connection is saved for all users. For example, when you create the network connection, you click to select the Allow other people to use this connection check box.
- The password for the network connection expires on the destination network.
In this scenario, when you next use this connection to connect to the destination network, you are prompted to change the password as expected. However, when you enter a new password for the network connection, you experience the following symptoms:
- You receive the following error message:
- The new password is updated on the destination network. However, the new password is not saved in Windows Vista. Therefore, you must enter the new password again when you try to reconnect to the destination network.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type network and sharing in the Start Search box, and then click Network and Sharing Center in the Programs list.
- In the Tasks pane, click Connect to a network, click the network connection that you want to configure, and then click Connect.
- In the Connect
NetworkNamedialog box, click [To change the saved password, click here], and then type the updated password.
- Click to select the Save this user name and password for the following users check box, click Anyone who uses this computer, and then type an administrator password or click Continue when you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation.
- Click Connect.
Additional query words: connectoid
Keywords: kbexpertisebeginner kbhardware kbtshoot kbprb KB927831