Microsoft KB Archive/927811
Article ID: 927811
Article Last Modified on 7/27/2007
- Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe
- Microsoft Money 2007 Home & Business
- Microsoft Money 2007 Premium
- Microsoft Money Essentials
To make sure that the Microsoft Money 2007 program performs at the highest level, we have made Microsoft Money 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Money 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) available. When you open Money 2007, you may receive the following message:
After you click OK, Money 2007 SP1 and Money 2007 SP2 will automatically download. Then, it will update Money 2007.
This article is intended for a beginning to intermediate computer user.
You may find it easier to follow the steps if you print this article first.
Method 1: Update Money 2007
Step 1: Restart the computer
- Close Money.
- Restart the computer.
Step 2: Install the update
- Connect to the Internet.
- Open Money.
When Money opens, you receive a message that states that you should download the latest updates. Click Yes.
- When the download is finished, your version of Money should be updated to the 1303 version or a later version.
Method 2: Prevent the repeated prompt to update in Windows Vista
Note If Money successfully updates to SP2, you should not be repeatedly prompted to update.
If you are using a Windows Vista-based computer, you may be continually prompted to download the update available for Money 2007. To clear this update request, follow these steps.
Step 1: Restart the computer
- Close Money, and then close all the programs that are running on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
- Log on to the computer.
Step 2: Open the Appearance and Personalization control panel item
Step 3: Change the folder and file settings
- In the Appearance and Personalization dialog box, click Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- In the Advanced settings list, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
- Click to clear the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box. If you are prompted to confirm this change, click Yes.
- Click OK.
Step 4: Find the MNYCoreFiles file
- Right-click Start, type %ProgramFiles% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Under the Program Files folder, double-click Microsoft Money 2007.
- Click MNYCoreFiles in the right pane to open the folder.
- In the Windows Explorer bar, click Compatibility Files to open the VirtualStore files window for Money 2007.
Step 5: Delete the MNYCoreFiles file
- Right-click MNYCoreFiles, and then click Delete.
- When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
- Close the active window.
- Start Money 2007.
Money 2007 SP1
The following issues are addressed in Money 2007 SP1:
- An issue that causes the Money tooltip to crash .NET WinForm programs. This issue occurs when you rest on a payee in Microsoft Money, and you have a .Net WinForm program open at the same time.
- Corrects the subtotal for an account balance that appears in reports such as the Net Worth and Account Balance reports when you customize the date.
- Includes more informative error text if your financial institution requires additional registration to connect to Money 2007.
- Improved support for the new Open Financial Exchange (OFX) specification version 2.03. Financial institutions can use this version of the OFX to add new security features that are available in this new specification.
- Improved bills behavior to include the account and the date information when you make a loan payment.
- Resolves the issue in which Money 2007 crashes in certain situations. Typically, this issue occurs when you download investment information and the feed only has a symbol and no name associated with the investment information.
- Resolves the issue in which Money 2007 shuts down after Money 2007 receives investment data that has a ticker symbol that contains more than 16 characters.
- Fixes an issue that causes Money to double investment positions that are received from certain feeds.
- Prevents an error in the Mnyob99.dll file that is caused by a failure in the online connection. This error prevents you from connecting online in the Money data file again.
- Prevents a crash when updating Money 2007 when you run Windows Internet Explorer 7.
Note To resolve this issue, you can also select to have Windows Internet Explorer 7 automatically detect proxy settings.
Money 2007 SP2
The following issues are addressed in Money 2007 SP2:
- Corrects a problem in Windows Vista that would continually prompt you to download the update for Money 2007.
- New text at the end of the update that prompts you press ENTER, instead of clicking OK because the OK button does not appear on all computers.
- New text at end of the update that prompts you to restart Windows if you have a problem signing in to your Money file after you install the service pack.
- Includes all the updates from Money 2007 SP1.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
822399 Troubleshooting error messages or problems when Money updates its program files
Keywords: kbhowto kbinfo kbupdate kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbnomt kbceip KB927811