Microsoft KB Archive/927713
Article ID: 927713
Article Last Modified on 11/16/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune Live
- Zune software
When you view an album in the Zune software or on your Zune device, the album may be associated with the incorrect music genre.
This problem occurs because the Zune software maintains a database of music information and automatically assigns a genre to media that you download from the Zune marketplace or rip from disc. You may disagree with the genre that is associated with a particular album, and you may want to make an album genre association that is based on your personal preference.
THINGS TO TRY
Change the genre that is associated with the album. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start the Zune software.
- In the Zune software menu, click Collection, and then click Music.
- Switch from the Browse view to the List view by using the option on the right side of the Collection screen.
- Locate the media that you want to change, right-click the Genre column, and then click Edit.
- Enter the genre information that you want to use for this media.
You can update your Zune device with new media information after you update the Zune software with that information. To do this, connect your Zune device to the computer, and then sync your Zune device with the Zune software to save any changes.
Keywords: kbzunesoftware kbzunelive kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB927713