Microsoft KB Archive/927711
Article ID: 927711
Article Last Modified on 4/25/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
The screen on your Zune device remains black and does not turn on or respond when you press any buttons.
You experience this behavior if one of the following conditions is true:
- The battery charge is weak.
- One of the following events has occurred and the Hold switch is set to the locked position:
- The backlight turned off.
- The Zune device was turned off.
- The Zune device went to sleep.
THINGS TO TRY
- Move the Hold switch to the unlocked position.
Note If the Hold switch appears to be stuck, move the switch back and forth to make sure that the switch is fully in the unlocked position.
- Connect the Zune device to a power source.
Note If the Zune device is in sleep mode, this action will wake the Zune device and turn it on. If the battery does not have a charge, you may have to wait several minutes for the Zune device to turn on. For more information about how to charge the Zune device, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
927348 How to charge the battery in your Zune device
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB927711