Microsoft KB Archive/927694
Article ID: 927694
Article Last Modified on 10/11/2007
- Microsoft Compute Cluster Pack
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Compute Cluster Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 64-Bit Datacenter Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 64-Bit Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition
When you use the Identify Node command in Compute Cluster Administrator, the CD tray does not open. This problem occurs when you use a non-English version of Microsoft Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003.
Note This problem may also occur when you use a non-English version of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 together with the Microsoft Compute Cluster Pack.
This problem occurs because the script that you use to eject the CD tray is incorrectly translated.
Note This script is located in the Windows\System32\Ejectcd.vbs file.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type notepad.exe, and then click OK.
- In the File menu, click Open.
- Locate, and then click to select the Windows\System32\Ejectcd.vbs file, and then click Open.
- Locate, and then select the following line of code:
- Replace the selected line of code with the correct version of the following code:
- In the File menu, click Save.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to use Compute Cluster Administrator, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003, and for additional technical resources, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Keywords: kbtshoot kblocalization kbprb kbclustering KB927694