Microsoft KB Archive/927651
Article ID: 927651
Article Last Modified on 12/4/2006
- Microsoft Office Word 2003
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
You have a form that uses the XMLSelectionChange event in the editable regions of the form in Microsoft Office Word 2003. This form is protected by a password.
When you use the Find Next Region I Can Edit button on the Protect Document task pane to move to the next editable region in the form, the XMLSelectionChange event does not run. This problem occurs if the following conditions are true:
- The editable region is in a table cell.
- The editable region contains data.
How to obtain the hotfix
This issue is fixed in the Word 2003 post-Service Pack 2 Hotfix Package that is dated November 21, 2006. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
927674 Description of the Word 2003 post-Service Pack 2 hotfix package: November 21, 2006
How to enable the hotfix
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Exit Word 2003.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click to select the following registry subkey:
- After you select the subkey that is specified in step 3, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type FireSelChangeEventInTableCell, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click FireSelChangeEventInTableCell, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
To work around this problem, use the mouse or the TAB key to move to the editable regions in the form.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: word2003 word2k3 word11 wd2003 wd2k3 wd11
Keywords: kbexpertiseinter kbtable kbforms kboffice2003presp3fix kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbbug kbfix kbpubtypekc KB927651