Microsoft KB Archive/927534
Article ID: 927534
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Excel 2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
You print a presentation in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 or you print a workbook in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 to a non-color printer. If the presentation or the workbook contains an object or graphic, you may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- The object or graphic in the presentation or workbook is printed in grayscale.
- The object or graphic in the presentation or workbook is printed in low resolution.
- Text that the object or the graphic contains has jagged edges, or the text is indecipherable.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To work around this problem, use one of the following methods:
- Print the presentation or the workbook to a color printer.
- Add the DoNotRecolorMetafilesOnPrint DWORD value to the registry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Exit all programs.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:
- After you select the subkey, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DoNotRecolorMetafilesOnPrint, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DoNotRecolorMetafilesOnPrint, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.
This issue may occur when the presentation or workbook contains one of the following items:
- An object that contains text, such as an Excel chart.
- A vector graphic file that contains text, such as an .emf file.
Additional query words: excel2007 excel2k7 excel12 xl2007 xl2k7 xl12 powerpoint2007 powerpoint2k7 powerpoint12 ppt2007 ppt2k7 ppt12
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprint kbprb kbgraphic kbexpertiseinter KB927534