Microsoft KB Archive/927409
Article ID: 927409
Article Last Modified on 9/5/2007
- Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
- Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System
- Microsoft Xbox
When you try to use the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel, you experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- The wireless racing wheel does not work
- The force feedback mechanism does not work
This issue can occur for several reasons. For suggestions about how to resolve issues with the wireless racing wheel, see the appropriate section in the "What To Try" section.
THINGS TO TRY
The wireless racing wheel does not work
Turn on the wireless racing wheel. To do this, press the Xbox Guide button or press the Start button. Then, connect the wireless racing wheel to the console. If the Ring of Light (RoL) spins longer than 15 seconds after you connect the wireless racing wheel to the console, follow these guidelines:
- Position the wireless racing wheel close to the console.
- Make sure that the AC power cord is firmly connected. If you use batteries, make sure that the batteries are new or have a strong charge.
- Position the console and wireless racing wheel at least three feet away from large metal objects, such as file cabinets or refrigerators.
- Remove decorations from the console and the wireless racing wheel, and then try to connect again. Metallic decorations, stickers, or faceplates on the console or wireless racing wheel can interfere with the performance of the wireless racing wheel.
- Make sure that the front of the console is positioned in the direction of the wireless racing wheel and away from nearby walls.
- 2.4 gigahertz (GHz) cordless telephones, wireless LANs, wireless video transmitters, microwave ovens, some mobile phones or cell phones, and Bluetooth headsets can interfere with the operation of the wireless headset. Turn off or unplug the other devices, and then try to connect again.
- If you use batteries and these steps do not resolve the issue, turn off the console. Remove and then reinsert the AA batteries or the Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery Pack in the wireless racing wheel, and then repeat the steps to reconnect the wireless racing wheel.
The force feedback mechanism does not work
Some games may not support force feedback. Check the options of the game, and make sure that the wireless racing wheel or force feedback feature is properly configured. For more information about a specific game, see the user manual that was included with the game.
If the game supports force feedback, make sure that the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel is connected to AC power supply correctly.
To test AC power supply, follow these steps:
- Carefully remove the AA battery pack from the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel.
- Connect the power supply cord to the power input on the back of the wireless racing wheel. When the cord is fully inserted, you will feel the cord stop. Connect the AC power cord to the power supply. When the cord is fully inserted, you will feel the cord stop. Connect the power cord to a standard wall outlet.
- Press and hold down the Xbox Guide button or the Start button until the wireless racing wheel turns on.
- If the wireless racing wheel does not turn on, connect the power cord to a different standard wall outlet. Repeat step 3.
- If the wireless racing wheel does not turn on, you may have to replace the power supply. If this is the case, contact Xbox Customer Support.
If you want to obtain the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel Retrofit part, or for more information and for support options for the Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel, visit the following Web site:
Do not take your Xbox 360 console or any accessories to your retailer for repair or for service unless an Xbox Customer Support representative instructs you to.
Do not try any repairs
Do not try to disassemble, service, or modify the Xbox 360 console, power supply, or any accessories. If you do this, you may put yourself at risk of serious injury or death from electric shock or fire. For safety reasons, such actions will void your warranty.
Keywords: kbxboxperipherals kbxbox360pacrimportal kbxbox360europeportal kbxbox360americasportal kbxbox360ext kbpubtypekc kbtshoot KB927409