Microsoft KB Archive/927233
Article ID: 927233
Article Last Modified on 11/16/2007
- Zune Digital Media Player
- Zune 4GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 8GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 30GB Digital Media Player
- Zune 80GB Digital Media Player
When you press and hold the Play/Pause button [GRAPHIC: Play/Pause] on your Zune device, the Zune device does not turn off.
You will experience this behavior when one of the following conditions is true:
- The Hold switch on your Zune device is set to locked.
- The Zune device is connected to a power source.
By design, you cannot manually turn off the Zune device when it is locked or connected to the power source.
Note Power sources include a USB port, the Zune AC Adapter, and the Zune Car Charger.
THINGS TO TRY
- If the Zune device is not connected to a power source, set the Hold switch to unlocked. Then, press and hold the Play/Pause button to turn off the device.
- If the Zune device is connected to a power source, it is operating correctly. You cannot manually turn off the Zune device.
Note Depending on how you configured your backlight setting, the backlight for the Zune device may automatically turn off in this situation. To access the backlight options, select display on the settings menu, and then press the center of the Zune pad. To adjust the setting, select backlight, and then press the center of the Zune pad.
Keywords: kbzunehardware kbtshoot kbpubtypekc kbzuneamericasportal kbexpertisebeginner KB927233