Microsoft KB Archive/927205
Article ID: 927205
Article Last Modified on 7/17/2007
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
The hotfix that is discussed in this article is not available for the Chinese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM or for the Japanese version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
In the Customer field in the Case: New dialog box, a red question mark (?) appears instead of the icon for an account or for a contact in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. This problem occurs if you try to map an attribute that contains account information or contact information for an entity that contains a customer attribute.
When this problem occurs, the account information or the contact information is not mapped as expected. Therefore, you cannot save the entity until you manually change the value that is in the Customer field.
This problem is fixed in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
927751 Update Rollup 2 is available for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0
Steps to reproduce this problem
- Create a relationship from an account entity or from a contact entity to a custom entity.
- Map the account identifier or the contact identifier to the relationship attribute of the custom entity.
- Create a relationship from the custom entity to an entity that contains a customer attribute.
- Map an attribute that contains account information or contact information from the account entity or from the contact entity to the entity that contains the customer attribute.
For more information about the terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Keywords: kbmbscustomization kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbmbsmigrate kbpubtypekc KB927205