Microsoft KB Archive/927086
Article ID: 927086
Article Last Modified on 5/16/2007
- Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007
If the installation of Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007 Manager puts the manager service and the audit service on the same computer, you cannot create a directory server integration point. In addition, domain members who are added manually cannot use their assigned Groove Relay Server. Without a relay, Groove users who are provisioned by the manager cannot synchronize workspaces. Also, these users cannot exchange messages with contacts who are not online in Groove on the local network.
When the manager service and audit service are installed together, the following supporting services cannot function:
- Directory Integration
- Relay Server Integration
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Uninstall Groove Server 2007 Manager.
Note This will also uninstall the Audit Server.
- Confirm that the uninstall process removed the following registry key:
- Remove the databases that were created by both servers from the SQL server.
- Install Manager Server and Audit Server to separate computers.
- Re-create your domain members.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a bug in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: Groove2007
Keywords: kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot kbprb KB927086