Microsoft KB Archive/927064
Article ID: 927064
Article Last Modified on 11/22/2006
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a client computer that is running an x86-based version of Microsoft Windows XP.
- On the computer, you use the Print Management Console (PMC) Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to view the properties of a print component. For example, you use the snap-in to view the properties of one of the following print components:
- You use the Automatically Add Network Printers feature in the snap-in to add a shared printer to a local print server.
In this scenario, you experience the following problems:
- You cannot view the properties of the print component.
- You cannot add the shared printer to the local print server.
Note You do not experience the problem on a client computer that is running an x64-based version of Windows XP.
This problem occurs because of the following reasons:
- Property pages are not supported for print components and the print server.
- The Automatically Add Network Printers feature is not supported.
Keywords: kbexpertiseadvanced kbtshoot KB927064