Microsoft KB Archive/927012
Article ID: 927012
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Consider the following scenario. You upgrade a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (TR) server to the release version of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. You turn on the Windows SharePoint Services Search service on the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 server. On the Manage Content Database Settings page, you associate the content database with a search server. When you visit the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site and perform a search query, you receive the following error message:
Additionally, the following event is logged in the Application log on the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 server:
This issue occurs when the service account for the Windows SharePoint Services Search service is configured to use the Network Service account. The search service account must not use a built-in account to access the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 database. An example of a built-in account is the Local Service account or the Network Service account.
To resolve this issue, use a configurable account for the Search Service account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 server by using an account that has administrative permissions.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration.
- On the Central Administration page, click Operations.
- Under Services on the Services on Server:
ServerNamepage, click Windows SharePoint Services Search.
- Next to Service Account on the Configure Windows SharePoint Services Search Service Settings on server:
ServerNamepage, select Configurable.
- Type a user account and password that has access to the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 database, and then click OK.
Additional query words: WSSv3
Keywords: kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB927012