Microsoft KB Archive/926960
Article ID: 926960
Article Last Modified on 12/3/2007
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition
Consider the following scenarios:
- You perform an in-place upgrade of Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (TR) to the release version of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 running on a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 domain controller.
- You perform an in-place upgrade of Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Beta 2 TR to the release version of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 running on a Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 domain controller.
In these scenarios, the SharePoint Products and Technologies Wizard successfully finishes. However, when you view the SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration page, the Upgrade Running status page (upgradestatus.aspx) appears, and the status is listed as Job Failed.
Additionally, the upgrade.log file contains the following error message:
To work around this problem, you must upgrade Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Beta 2 TR by using the Psconfig.exe tool at the command prompt. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- At the command prompt, locate the \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN folder.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force
The following parameters are used in the command:
- -inplace b2b: Psconfig.exe performs an in-place upgrade. When the b2b switch is used, an in-place build-to-build upgrade is performed.
- -wait: Psconfig.exe does not return until the upgrade is complete.
Note You can access the SharePoint Central Administration Web site to view the upgrade job status by using the Web browser.
- -force: Psconfig.exe stops any upgrade actions that are currently running and then restarts the upgrade.
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB926960