Microsoft KB Archive/926958
Article ID: 926958
Article Last Modified on 10/31/2007
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Consider the following scenario. You use an account that does not have administrative permissions to log on to a computer that is running Windows Vista. Then, you use Windows Internet Explorer 7 to visit a Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services document library that is protected by Information Rights Management (IRM). Finally, you click a link to a Microsoft Office Word document in the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 document library. In this scenario, when you click a link to another Word document in the same document library, you receive the following error message:
To work around this problem, perform one or more of the following actions:
- In Internet Explorer 7, click the list next to the Word document in the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 document library, and then click Edit in Microsoft Word.
- Add the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site that hosts the document library to your Trusted Sites list in Internet Explorer 7. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Security tab, click Trusted Sites, and then click Sites.
- In the Trusted Sites dialog box, type the URL of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site that contains the document library in the Add this website to the zone box. Then, click Add, click Close, and then click OK.
- In Windows Explorer, type the URL of the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 document library in the Address box, and then open the Word document.
- In Internet Explorer 7, right-click the Word document, click Save target as to save the document locally. Then, double-click the local copy of the Word document to open it.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the Windows Vista User Account Control feature, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about Information Rights Management in Windows SharePoint Services, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Additional query words: WSSv3
Keywords: kbtshoot kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB926958