Microsoft KB Archive/926957
Article ID: 926957
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office Access 2007
In Microsoft Office Access 2007, when you drag fields to a form, the field order in the form differs from the field order in the record source. This issue occurs if the following conditions are true:
- You drag the fields from a table in the record source.
- You drag the fields to the form in Layout view.
This issue occurs because the order in which fields appear in a table in a record source is not related to the order in which Access 2007 returns the fields.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Open a database in Access 2007.
- Close all open objects.
- On the Create tab, click Blank Form in the Forms group.
The form opens in Layout view. And, blank field list appears on the form.
- Press ALT+ENTER to open the property sheet of the form.
- Click the Employees table for the record source.
- On the Formatting tab, click Add Existing Fields in the Controls group.
- Examine the order of the fields in the Field list. This order should match the order of the fields in the table.
- Select all the fields, and then drag all the fields to the Layout form grid.
- Examine the order of the fields in the Layout form grid. Then, compare this order to the order of the fields in the table.
Additional query words: AC2007 ACC2007 Access2007
Keywords: kbtshoot kbbug kbprb kbexpertiseinter KB926957