Microsoft KB Archive/926928
Article ID: 926928
Article Last Modified on 10/15/2007
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007
If you create stand-alone Microsoft Organization Chart 2.0 (*.opx) files in an earlier version of Microsoft Office, you cannot insert the .opx files in Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007.
In earlier versions of Office, you can insert an organization chart in Microsoft PowerPoint. You can then save the organization chart as a stand-alone .opx file. However, in the 2007 Microsoft Office programs, you cannot open an .opx file that you created by using Organization Chart 2.0. Additionally, you cannot insert an .opx file as an object in a 2007 Office program.
If you open a presentation that was created in an earlier version of PowerPoint and that contains embedded organization chart objects, these objects remain in the presentation. To update the objects to the new version of the Organization Chart add-in for the 2007 Office programs, double-click the objects to edit them.
If the Organization Chart add-in is not installed, you may receive the following error message when you double-click the chart objects:
The 2007 Microsoft Office suites include a new version of Organization Chart as an add-in for the 2007 Office programs. This new version of Organization Chart is not a separate program as was Organization Chart 2.0.
The Organization Chart add-in for the 2007 Office programs can convert embedded charts that are contained in documents or in presentations. However, the Organization Chart add-in for the 2007 Office programs cannot open or import stand-alone .opx files that are created in Organization Chart 2.0.
To work around this issue, install the Organization Chart add-in for the 2007 Office programs. Then, you can use the Organization Chart add-in to convert .opx files in 2007 Office documents.
Although the Organization Chart add-in is included with the 2007 Office programs, it is not automatically installed when you install a 2007 Office suite. To install the Organization Chart add-in, follow these steps:
- Exit all programs.
- Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, click Change.
- Click the 2007 Microsoft Office suite that is listed, and then click Change.
- In the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Continue.
- Expand the Microsoft Office folder.
- Expand the Microsoft Office PowerPoint folder.
- Click the button next to Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs, and then click Run from My Computer.
- Click Continue to install the Organization Chart add-in.
After you install the Organization Chart add-in, follow these steps to open the Organization Chart add-in in PowerPoint 2007, in Microsoft Office Excel 2007, in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, or in Microsoft Office Word 2007:
- On the Insert tab, click Object in the Text group.
- Click Organization Chart Add-in for Microsoft Office programs.
Microsoft Organization Chart 2.0 has been available since the release of Microsoft PowerPoint 95. There have been no significant changes to Organization Chart 2.0 since its release. Additionally, there are no plans to add any significant functionality changes to the Organization Chart add-in for the 2007 Office programs in the future.
Additional query words: prb PPT PPT2007 PPT2k7 PPT12 PowerPoint2007 PowerPoint2k7 PowerPoint12
Keywords: kbtshoot kboleapp kbprb kborgchart kbexpertisebeginner KB926928