Microsoft KB Archive/926839
Article ID: 926839
Article Last Modified on 12/1/2006
- Microsoft COM+ 2.0 Standard Edition, when used with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
The first time that you run the Add/Remove Windows Components wizard on a new installation of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1), the Microsoft SQL Server service stops. This problem occurs after you clear the Update Root Certificates check box in the Add/Remove Windows Components wizard.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps after you have installed Windows Server 2003 SP1:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry key:
- Right-click MinorVersion, and then click Modify.
- Type ece0a4a, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
This problem does not occur in Windows Vista.
This problem occurs after you follow these steps:
- You install Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- You install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Service Pack 4 (SP4).
- You install Windows Server 2003 SP1.
- You start the Add/Remove Windows Components wizard.
- You clear the Update Root Certificates check box in the Add/Remove Windows Components wizard.
Additional query words: win2003 DTC Add/Remove Windows Components
Keywords: kbdtc kbbug kbtshoot kbprb KB926839