Microsoft KB Archive/926812
Article ID: 926812
Article Last Modified on 5/14/2007
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
When you try to delete a master page file from the Master Page and Page Layout Gallery on the Site Settings page in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, you receive the following error message:
This error message occurs even when the master page file is not associated with a SharePoint Server 2007 site.
To work around this problem, mark the master file as hidden so that the master file does not appear as a selection when you create a new site. To do this, follow these steps:
- Use an account that has administrative permissions to log on to the Web application that is hosted on the SharePoint Server 2007 server.
- Click Site Actions, click Site Settings, and then click Modify All Site Settings.
- Under Galleries, click Master Page and Page Layout Gallery.
- Click the list next to the master file that you want to hide, and then click Edit Properties.
- On the list next to Content Type, click Page Layout.
- Click to select the check box next to Hidden Page, and then click OK.
- Click the list next to the master file, and then click Check In.
- On the Check In page, select the options that you want, and then click OK.
- Click the list next to the master file, and then click Publish a Major Version.
- On the Publish a Major Version page, enter a comment, and then click OK.
- Click the list next to the master file, and then click Approve/reject.
- Next to Approval Status, click Approved, and then click OK to approve the changes.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Additional query words: MOSS2007
Keywords: kberrmsg kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbprb KB926812